December 21, 2007 - We had to re-do our I-600 again, because we found out that they now want 3 copies and they have to be typed, rather than hand-written. I am rolling my eyes.
November 16, 2007 - Due to changes in the way the I-600 is processed, we had to re-do our form and it was re-sent today. This should shorten our stay in Vietnam.
October 11, 2007 - Our acceptance paperwork is headed back to Vietnam.
October 4, 2007 - Referral Day!!! It's a BOY!!!
March 2, 2007 - Our dossier has left for Vietnam. It will take a couple of weeks for translation and then be registered at the International Adoption Department there. January 26, 2007 - Our dossier was sent to the Vietnamese Consulate in San Francisco for authentication.
January 25, 2007 - Once I made 5 copies of our dossier, (which totalled 315 photocopies), I sent it off to our agency. Yahoo!
January 24, 2007 - Received our dossier back from Ohio Secretary of State.
January 18, 2007 - We received our I-171H today!!!! I took it to be notarized, and then took my final documents to the county courthouse to be "county certified" (only necessary in a few states) and then sent our entire dossier off to Columbus via my favorite FedEx box. The dossier is every piece of paperwork we have done and they all need to be authenticated at the Secretary of State's Office. For our first adoption, we drove them down and watched them do it in person. You can see how I've relaxed this time around by trusting FedEx and the ladies at the Secretary of State. :) Once my precious bundle of papers returns to me next week it will be sent off to our agency for final approval.
December 20, 2006 - Went to Cleveland today and it was smooth sailing. They said they are running about four weeks out for approval, but with Christmas next week, we are guessing five. So we're expecting our I-171H, aka Favorable Letter of Determination, at the end of January.
December 1, 2006 - We received our invitation to Cleveland for our fingerprint appointment! We will go on Dec. 20.
November 30, 2006 - I have completed all of the documents necessary for the dossier, but just have to have a few notarized. I realized this morning that if I got those done and made our "photo album" for the dossier, I could say I did it all in 30 days. Obviously, my competitive nature caused me to give my friend Rachelle, also my notary, a call. Then I ran around the house clearing any areas that needed to be photographed of toys, clutter and junk and snapped the necessary photos. (And they say the camera desn't lie!) I ran to Wal-mart, printed them off, stuck them down on the pages and voila! - something to brag about! 30 days!!! Now, if only the USCIS had such a competitive nature. We still haven't even been given a date for fingerprinting.
November 16, 2006 - Grayden and Micah had their physicals.November 14, 2006 - Emma, Chloe and Keegan had their physicals.
November 10, 2006 - Kyle and I had our physicals. November 8, 2006 - Second meeting with social worker.
November 1, 2006 - We signed our application with All God's Children International, which is the same agency we used for Micah's adoption. Let the games begin!!!Had our first visit with our social worker, and she is the same one who helped us with Micah's adoption. Since our homestudy is current, we only had to update it to reflect our new family member and a few other minor changes. We sent in our application for our I-600a. This is a pre-approval from the US Citizens and Immigration Services to adopt an orphan. We will wait to hear from their Cleveland office for an appointment for our fingerprints to be taken.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment