Friday, January 2, 2009

Stocking Stuffers

Several weeks before Christmas a friend told me that their family did not hang stockings.

HUH?!

NO STOCKINGS?!?

I told her that we couldn't be friends anymore unless she put it into practice right now, this year! It is the BEST part of Christmas, after all!

(She did it, too!)

(Because she didn't want to lose me as a friend.)

(Or maybe she just loves her kids a lot and wanted to surprise them.)

Anyway, here's a few things that were in our kids' socks:

A used cell phone for Chloe that is no longer activated. Wow.


Reindeer poop for Grayden. Great gift, huh?


Gangster hat for Micah. We want to encourage good morals here.

Um, this boy? Let's just say he was lucky to get anything at all. (Wink.)

Keegan didn't really care what was INSIDE. He was just happy about the outside. This stocking was made for me by my Aunt Marilyn when I was a baby. Keegan has always wanted to use it because it has a horse on it. I try to talk him into a stocking of his own every year. No way. But, this year he said, "Can't you just put my name on ths one?" A smart friend told me to just put it on a piece of felt and then tack it over mine. No problem! Unless of course, you wait till 11:00 p.m. on Christmas Eve to start. Oh well. Sleep is overrated anyway.

Emma? Poor Emma. Apparently I was so wrapped up in the Best Part of Christmas that I didn't realize I had forgotten to take her picture. You can just guess how nice her stuff was though, based on what the other kids got.

And now you're wondering, "If stockings were the BEST part of Christmas, I wonder what happened the rest of the day?!" Well, you just stay tuned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Inspiration. THAT is the reason I lurk about at your blog. I shall share stockings next year. I shall! I especially wouldn't want anyone in my family to miss out on Reindeer poop! HA!

Sheila said...

Yes....thanks to the advice of a great friend we did indeed have stockings this year and the kids were thrilled!