It’s a good day when the new Steven Curtis Chapman CD lands in your mailbox, which happened to me today, because I pre-ordered This Moment. (Of course.) It’s an even better day when new photos of your son appear in your email inbox! We arrived home from a school field trip today to a message on the machine urging us to check our email for new pictures of Caleb. Here's a sneak peak:
I got the SCC CD just in time to listen to it all the way to Toledo and back, drowning out the noise of the four rowdy boys in the back of my van. One of the songs is You are Being Loved, based on one of my favorite verses, Zephaniah 3:17.
“The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.”
As I was singing along I could not help but think of Caleb, so far away. The photos we received of him show us just a few moments of his life. I wish I could know what he is doing EVERY moment. But one thing I do know is that he is being loved, and he is being rejoiced over with singing by the One who created him. That’s quite a comfort to his mama.
1 comment:
Enough emotion for one week already!
Post a Comment