Thursday, June 19, 2008

Three Months!

Well, if you can believe it, today marks three months since we got our hands on McCashen Kid Number Six! If you are wondering how we are adjusting, I think this picture sums it up quite nicely.

 


Hee. Hee.

Actually, Caleb has adjusted quite well and certainly better than we expected. He gets along as well with his siblings as any other three year old boy. He sleeps all night every night. He eats just about everything we put on his plate. And if it's potato chips, well then a side of squeal and giggle come with the meal. He is a spunky little kid - let's us know when things are not to his liking. For instance, if you don't have his meal ready when he is hungry he gets up in his chair anyway and I'm pretty sure he's cussing me out in Vietnamese.

He loves the summer routine:
Get up. Go to t-ball.
Come home and get girls.
Go to Swim Team.
Come home.
Eat. Nap. Eat.
Go to baseball.
Go to bed.

It's a fun life.

One thing we do have some concern about is his speech and understanding, so we are looking into getting some help with that. We are hearing progress, and we know from experience that it will be a long haul, but we just want to see if there is anything we can do to help him along. Because if you're going to cuss someone out for a late meal, you want them to know exactly what you're saying.

Well, anyway, I love that boy! I love it when he plays peek-a-boo. I love his little tippy-toe run. I love it when he leans in for a juicy kiss with those lips just a bit over-puckered.

And I love it that he is MINE.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sheila said...

I think every parent should have one of these shirts for their child...it is so true!!!

R&H said...

He is a beautiful child. I'm glad he's adjusting well. It's amazing how quickly they can get into the swing of things at home. Elia is doing amazingly well also. She may be a bit behind other kids her age on language development but she's only been home for 4 months so we aren't worried about it yet. Have a great rest of the summer! It's almost JULY already!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that T- shirt! By the way I can see your photos - no little x's...maybe it's my Mac...

I wonder when do we worry about language development or lack thereof? Kino's vietnamese is improving according to his Vietnamese day care lady - and while he clearly understands English - it's spotty, but he works at it also.
Lucky you all that he sleeps through the night - Kino is up and down many times!
Glad to hear Caleb is doing great - how's his swing?
Leslie