Last night at about 5:30 I was bathing Caleb and getting him dressed for a photo shoot of pictures that will be used for a ceremony where we dedicate him to the Lord. Caleb, a little boy who in large part, is our son due to the inspiration of Steven Curtis and Mary Beth Chapman.
At the same time, the Chapman Family was saying goodbye to their youngest daughter, Maria Sue, who was just five years old and had been adopted from China. If this is not enough anguish, Maria was killed accidentally by a vehicle her brother was driving out of the family's driveway.
You have probably heard about this by now, but if not, I just wanted to ask you to pray for this incredible family and especially their son. It seems like something one could never overcome, but the Bible says that God will bear our burdens. Our hearts are broken for them, but we know that Christ will be their strength and comfort and we know that they will be reunited with Maria.
If you want to express your condolences to the family or see a sweet video of Maria you can go here: http://chapmanchannel.typepad.com/inmemoryofmaria/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I thought of you and your family as soon as I heard this news, knowing how it would affect you because of what the Chapman family means to you. You and your family, and the Chapman family as well, are in our thoughts & prayers.
Post a Comment