Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My Totally Gnarly Birthday Gift

I may not have been totally surprised by my birthday party, but I was like, way freaked out by my gift. Surprised to the max!

My sister-in-law, who like, lives in Colorado, somehow got with the gang here in the Midwest and together they organized a whole bunch of friends and family to put together a scrapbook filled with pages they had each completed. Here I am talking with Debbie as I opened the book.

















Clever poems! I laughed so hard at some of the lines you came up with. Tubular, dude.

Creative pages! Some of you guys tell me you CAN'T scrapbook. Whatever.

Kind words! I was bawling on some of those; I couldn't even read them out loud to the crowd! I kid you not.
And a few old photos that barfed me out! But I guess they had to be included. Not referring to the ones of you all, but shots of myself, of course.

And now, enough of the 80's talk. Time to get serious. I want to thank each of you who contributed to this album. It will surely be one of my most treasured posessions and I was just deeply, deeply moved as I read through each page. Maybe you've known me since I was born - maybe you've known me for a year - but each one of you have been a role model to me in some way and have truly shaped the person I've become over these past 40 years. It's because you are all so special to me that I love my album so much. Again, thank you.

On the last page, Debbie wrote out the 23rd Psalm. (My actual birthday is Aug. 23.) She replaced the personal pronouns with my name. One phrase stood out to me above all the rest on this particular night. It's the one just under the flash reflection.














"Kelly's cup runneth over."
Truly, it does.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

The album is awesome Kelly. You've got some amazing friends and family.