Saturday, July 12, 2008

Lazy Bum?

Emma went to bed Wednesday night giving strict instructions that NOBODY enter her room Thursday morning until 10:16. Spoiled Child you ask? Lazy Girl you say? Nope. She just wanted to celebrate her first day of No Swim Team. And since swim team practice started at 10:15 every day she just wanted to be able to say she was in bed at 10:16 that morning. Indeed she was, but when I went in with my camera she was reading a book in bed. Not willing to pose for me with Bed Head she went back to sleeping position for this shot.



And because Emma would read a book all day every day and do NOTHING else, we FORCED her to do swim this summer.



I thought surely she would thank me once she got into the season, but look – there is no gratitude in this face.



And just like I forced her to swim, I forced her to smile. Because after all, Dear, Mama is going to post these on the blog! And I’m proud of you for working hard this season whether you liked it or not. Enjoy your rest…soccer season will be here soon.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Speaking of looking like her dad...goofy personality and all...

Sheila said...

Emma I can tell you really enjoy your mom taking pictures of you!

Before we know it soccer season will be here and we will all be hanging out at the soccer fields together cheering our kids on! Can't wait!

Sonya said...

Not everyone can look cute in a swim cap! But these girls sure can. Great job on all the hard work. You too mom...now you can sleep in and not take a shower until noon.