Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Three's Good Company

One day last week when Grayden was at camp and the girls were at swim practice, I looked out my back window and saw this.



(Yeah, yeah, don't email me about the kid with the broken tennis racket trouncing down the slide. Don't call social services either, or when they come to take him away, I'll suggest he come stay with YOU.)



Anyway, it was a Mommy moment.

A moment when I was so thankful that MY plans for my family did not prevail. If I had had MY way, Keegan would have been out there all by himself that day.

Or worse yet, in the house, under my feet whining, “I’m boooored! What can I dooooo?”

“Many are the plans in Kelly’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.”
Proverbs 19:21 (Kind of.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yes, there are the moments when C gives E a big hug and kiss and it melts my heart. And then there are the times where E burps at the table, louder than any of us can do. Sweet times.

Sonya said...

I'm so glad God isn't done-and He shows us our control. What a blessing.