Because, everyone knows that blueberries with a dill pickle chaser make a delicious snack.
Anyway, he got that pickle and then came running into the family room at top speed. Keegan pretty much does everything at top speed. Unfortunately, he couldn't get his brakes on soon enough and crashed face first into the woodbox next to the fireplace.
Ouch.
He was wailing and carrying on, and I actually picked him up and hugged him and consoled him very compassionately. If Keegan cries, it really hurts. Well, when he settled down I took his little face in my hands and looked into those big brown eyes saying gently, "Now, Keegie, did we learn a lesson from this?"
He leaned back and giving me his best Duh Face said, "Yeah-uh! Never run with a PICKLE in your hand!"
Well, thankfully, he got away with just a small cut on his chin, but he hasn't forgotten the ordeal. Last night he realized he has his first loose tooth. Instead of being excited about it, he was pretty distraught, wondering if it was going to hurt, whether or not he might swallow it, etc. Then this morning we were getting in the van after church and he said, "Mom! I think I know why my tooth is loose! I think it's from my PICKLE INJURY!"
I'm telling you, people - if you need to be moving at fast pace, keep your hands out of the pickle jar. You never know what kind of injuries you may sustain.
2 comments:
Thanks for the warning.....I never realized how dangerous it was to be running with a pickle in your hand. I will definitely take note of that! Glad he wasn't more seriously hurt!!
Oh my Keegie boy! You know I just love that kid. Now I just have one more Keegie story to add to my collection! Good thing he wasn't holding a POP TART for goodness sake we know those are dangerous right Grace!
Post a Comment