Last night I was deep in the dark depths of my basement sitting at my desk when my honey sneaked out and bought three half-gallons of ice cream. One of which was Dark Chocolate Raspberry. I really didn't want to eat any, given my current weight, but I couldn't hurt Kyle's feelings and refuse, now could I?
And straight from the ice cream cone ordeal, we went right into family reading time, which always starts with the Bible. Last night we were scheduled to read the story of Samson. I always remember the part about Delilah, but forget about the part at the end where the Philistines gouge his eyes out. (Uh huh! Read it yourself in Judges 14-16.) This prompted a discussion about whether or not you would live if someone gouged your eyes out, which of course, I knew was possible, because hey - I have picked up a few things being married to an optometrist for 17 years. And also, I knew that Samson lived for a while after it happened to him. But, the kids had to have the answer straight from Dr. Daddy with details, so that delayed our reading for a while.
And that's why bedtime came a little late for me and I forgot to post these pictures. I remembered though, at 3:30 AM and had a hard time sleeping the rest of the night, knowing I had broken a promise. I hope these are cute enough that you can forgive me.

Thanks, Mrs. Davis, for Caleb's cute dino jammies!

Our Grandma Pam is so much fun! She sends the kids a box of goodies every holiday. I wasn't here when the Easter box arrived this year, and I was home about a week before I realized that there were actually TWO pairs of ducky slippers! That put me over the edge and I had to haul out the camera.

And even though I had made mention of quacking slippers, these really don't make noise. Which is just fine because one of these boys can quack quite loudly himself. Thankfully for this mama's ears the other boy can't speak English, so his slippers just giggle.
And straight from the ice cream cone ordeal, we went right into family reading time, which always starts with the Bible. Last night we were scheduled to read the story of Samson. I always remember the part about Delilah, but forget about the part at the end where the Philistines gouge his eyes out. (Uh huh! Read it yourself in Judges 14-16.) This prompted a discussion about whether or not you would live if someone gouged your eyes out, which of course, I knew was possible, because hey - I have picked up a few things being married to an optometrist for 17 years. And also, I knew that Samson lived for a while after it happened to him. But, the kids had to have the answer straight from Dr. Daddy with details, so that delayed our reading for a while.
And that's why bedtime came a little late for me and I forgot to post these pictures. I remembered though, at 3:30 AM and had a hard time sleeping the rest of the night, knowing I had broken a promise. I hope these are cute enough that you can forgive me.
Thanks, Mrs. Davis, for Caleb's cute dino jammies!
Our Grandma Pam is so much fun! She sends the kids a box of goodies every holiday. I wasn't here when the Easter box arrived this year, and I was home about a week before I realized that there were actually TWO pairs of ducky slippers! That put me over the edge and I had to haul out the camera.
And even though I had made mention of quacking slippers, these really don't make noise. Which is just fine because one of these boys can quack quite loudly himself. Thankfully for this mama's ears the other boy can't speak English, so his slippers just giggle.

5 comments:
Your're welcome for the Dino Jammies - he looks adorable in them!
What fun!!! I think you should have 8 pairs of ducky slippers!
Okay all is forgiven! Cute,Cute,Cute!!!! I love how Micah is always hugging Caleb. Is he always lovin' on him?
Brandi
Hey Aunt Kelly,
Where did you find the forth ducky slipper? The whole time I was there, I could only find three! It was getting on my nerves a bit!!!
Sorry I didn't spell fourth right. Hee, hee!
Post a Comment