Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Together At Last!



Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, Grayden's shirt is not a different color red...it's just your eyes playing tricks on you!! Seriously! (I know you just went back to look) Okay I admit it...just throw me into the scrapbook slammer! I have ruined the preordained perfectly calculated color coordinated plans that were painstakingly laid out months ago by my wonderful NONcontrol freak friend Kelly. (No, it is no accident that their shirts are even the same shade of red as their couch!) Well, I am here to beg forgiveness in front of millions of witnesses in over 100 countries. It is payment for my sarcasm earlier in the week.

You see, I sent an email to Kelly while she was in Vietnam teasing her about "THE RED SHIRT". Grayden was staying with us and he came out of Garrett's room one day holding a shirt and asked where he could put it so that it would never get lost or ruined and he then commented that it was the red shirt. I said, "THE red shirt?!" He said, "Yes, the red shirt that if I lose it my mom will be mad forever and have a melt down (or the conversation went something like that, hey, I can't even remember a shirt, let alone a conversation I had a week ago!) Anyway, I said "we better hang it up in the laundry room so that it will not get wrinkled and will be kept safe." I even posted about how the red shirt was fluffed up from the dryer and ready to go.

Well amidst all the chaos of the last segment of their flight being cancelled and 10 phone calls that went something like this: Their flight's been cancelled... we're going to get them in Chicago...no, they're trying to catch another flight...no, they're renting a car...no, get around we're leaving right now to get them (GRAYDEN GET YOUR STUFF IN THE CAR NOW!)...no, they're renting a car...we'll meet them half way and drive their rental car home...no, they're fine...okay, Grayden, I'll take you to baseball practice...Well you can understand how the shirt was the last thing on my mind, although I did have MY red shirt on.

Imagine my dismay after arriving at the McCashen household at 9:00 after bball practice, I took one step in the door, saw all the kids in their sacred red shirts and yelled, "GRAYDEN, WE FORGOT YOUR RED SHIRT!" Yes, it's true, it was still hanging in the oh so very safe spot at MY HOUSE! My wonderful hubby was going to bring it over, but we found a red shirt that would do just fine. If we hide him in the back and keep the lights down low, you won't even be able to tell. NOT!!! So sorry, Kelly! My husband is laughing hysterically and I am just singing over and over...If I only had a brain. You know how Kelly has it ALL together, think of the complete opposite...that's me! And that's why we get along so well huh Kel? You tell me what to do and I do it. So why didn't you call me from the airport and tell me to dress Grayden in the red shirt? Come to think of it...this is all your fault!

Ma said...

You got some supports under that couch??

GREAT PICTURE!!! I just can't believe you are done. There you are. The McC 8.

(Did I add that up right?) :)

Anonymous said...

Grat picture! And Cammie, glad it was you not me.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family picture - welcome home!!

Sheila said...

Yes....you are home and your family is complete you all look great. It has been so much fun to follow you guys on this jorney that God had you on, I know that we have been blessed through your obedience to God in His calling you to adopt!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.