After tales of roasted cat and cobra meat, I had been counting on Vietnam being my spring weight loss program.
Big. Mistake.
There are also Mango smoothies, awesome omlets and delicious crepes. In fact, last night we went with Rosalie to a French restaurant called Le Cyclo. There is strong French influence here since Vietnam was a French colony for about 100 years. We loved this restaurant and I bet we will go back again before we return home. It was cute, the food was excellent and the service was just like any other Vietnamese restaurant; They watch over you the entire time, ready to jump at your beck and call. It’s going to be hard going back to Mom’s Kitchen, but that will be a much better place to start my diet.
Instead of sitting in Le Cyclo stuffing my face, I should have been driving one and working off my gut.
The waiter, cleaning up the broken glass. All parents had their heads turned when the Crash came, but since Caleb has already broken glassses at two restaurants, I'm blaming this one on Kayla.

4 comments:
Beautiful pictures!! Love all the smiles!
He seems to be warming up quite well! What a cutie!
Hide the markers AND the glasses.
Good thing you don't have concrete floors in your kitchen! Your picture on the cycle... Looks like the Vietnamese version of eating at the Essen Haus and sitting in the buggy.
Post a Comment